Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Are we living or simply following?

In Romania, this month has started as the  Month from Hell. A hell of our own making.  A child apparently has been killed by dogs in one of the capital’s parks. I say apparently because it is not clear and I dare say it never will be, what exactly happened. Also, his brother was bitten, but managed to escape. But I repeat, after two weeks, we still don’t know the truth.  The incident happened it would appear 1 km away from the bench where granny was apparently watching over them. And now more contradictory statements follow like the granny saying they were gone for an hour, oh, I did look for them, while I was still looking for them one of my grandsons came back and told me what happened. So you see, to me at least, it is still not clear what happened. You can find all sorts of articles on the Internet saying this and that.

I agree it is a tragedy, a child died, I can not even imagine the parent’s pain. But since that day, Romania has been surrounded by a murderous aura. We need to kill all stray dogs and it has to be NOW! The media, as always in Romania, blew everything out of proportion in the channels’ race to see who has more ratings, in the reporters’ mad dash to be noticed and now we have citizens killing, torturing, slaughtering dogs. The images I see every day will haunt me forever. Even the country’s president stated: Humans are above dogs! I dare say there is no human and no animal that is above God that created us all and in His eyes, we are all alike, being made from the same energy and with the same love. We have no right to kill them.

Since most of the stray dogs started appearing on the streets when in the communist era the houses  where knocked down to build buildings, the owners of dogs that lived in houses and then moved in flats, abandoned them on the streets. Like any other species on Earth, they have this basic instinct to reproduce. So there you have our stray dogs today. Along the years incredible amounts of money have been appearing on paper for stray dogs – for sterilization, for buildings shelters – things that only remained on paper because the money went… to those “smart” people who were able to fill their pockets. So, again, nothing happened! The dogs kept multiplying, not enough adoptions were made – and you know what? Most dogs are adopted outside Romania, in countries like the UK, Germany and Holland. Of course, some Romanians have even up to three stray dogs in their apartments, some who live in houses and have big yards, have even more than five. But these are the lucky dogs.

In Romania – I don’t know about other countries, but I know about mine – dogs are kicked, beaten and tortured every day. And now, in more  recent days, they are being tortured-killed-butchered!!!!! by those well-meaning citizens that apparently want to protect their children from the beasts. I repeat – the images I see everyday of how the dogs are killed and the screams I hear in the youtube postings – we have videos, can you imagine that? – are absolutely shocking and will mark you forever. And all in the name of this apparent modern time we’re living. It’s just an excuse for these bipedal beings that have no rational thinking and no kind of feeling whatsoever to satisfy their need for violence and blood. This is how they manifest. They are no more than basic animals without any hope of ever gaining some kind of wisdom and rationality.

Beside these beings I live every day. And I get scared. This massacre can not possibly continue and yet it does. We could have found – long ago – solutions for the stray dog problem. Because it has become a problem. And no, I do not want any people to be killed by dogs – if that is what really happened – I simply don’t want more suffering, I don’t want violence, I don’t want to be afraid of living beside these “human” beings. Because if today they tortured and killed a dog while grinning, who is to say what they will do tomorrow to their fellow human beings since they have found this thirst for blood or maybe it was just always there, dormant.

Many people say on Facebook, on Twitter, in articles, on blogs… that maybe all this stray dog problem has come at a very good time for our leaders to take our mind off the mining problem – Rosia Montana and maybe it is so, I do not know. If it is so, they have not quite succeeded. Protesters are still in the streets every evening-night and they still want to be heard.

In our thrist for blood and excuses to fulfill this desire to kill, we have forgotten about the human criminals. The ones who rape, the ones that kill, we have forgotten about the statistics that show us that more children are being killed, beaten and tortured by their own parents than children being bitten or killed by dogs. But we do nothing and say nothing about those kind people. Well, you know, that’s normal, I mean, it’s absolutely normal in a society for humans to torture and kill other humans and we just imprison them and feed them and keep them warm in winter while at some point, they’ll get out and do some more damage. This is normal, we have gotten used to this. Now, I am not saying we should kill the killers, I am just saying we are a bunch of hypocrites. We have forgotten about all the other problems – the fact that we barely have enough to live a decent life, that old people die in hospitals for lack of care or medicine or money or that they don’t have enough to live by because the pensions are just not enough, the fact that our hospitals are in a very bad shape, the fact that the economy is not going as it should etc. No! Now we only want to kill dogs.

People that love dogs are desperately trying to save them by adopting them themselves or by taking them in as foster dogs while trying to find loving owners. And we are running out of time because they are being taken to shelters where apparently we have 14 days to take them back, but I doubt they even wait that long.

I haven’t cried so much in a long time. Before, when I would hear about foreigners talking badly about my country and its people I would get upset because I would think – hey, don’t talk like that! We’re not all that bad. But now, I truly think, we are all that bad and that we deserve whatever’s coming. We have become a nation of killers and savages. Instead of evolving, we have regressed. This country makes me sick. The media makes me sick, our leaders make me sick and now a whole part of the country’s residents make me sick.

We are saving our children from dogs? We are mutilating their spirit! We are teaching them it’s ok not to feel love for other beings on the planet, that it’s ok to kill! I truly feel like moving from the city, going in an isolated place in the hills with my family or just leaving the country entirely in a hope of escaping mass murder.

I have been shocked by the reaction of some of my acquaintances when I dared express my opinion about saving the dogs. They practically bit my head off. And I am not the only one who gets this treatment. The whole nation has gone into an uncontrollable hysteria. When will it end and how? Will it ever end?

I do not want to live in a country like this! Why couldn’t we have just love between us and everything that is instead of violence and pain and terrible suffering?

These days, I am deeply ashamed to be a Romanian. I never thought I would say it. It is such a beautiful country with wonderful traditions, culture and talented people. I truly love it, but now I can not stand to be among its people because unfortunately, more than half of them are not rational beings.

Are we really living or are we simply following? Do we always need to be told what to do? Do we like to be manipulated so much? Can we not think for ourselves? Lots of people react like this – oh, if it says so on TV, then it has to be true! oh, if it says so in the paper, it has to be true! oh, if the president of the country says so, then it must be true! We do not think anymore – if we ever did – we just follow.

We are on a steep slope, declining rapidly. As human beings.

I thought I had no more words to express what I feel, but I find there are still some left. May God watch over us and give Light and Love over this country that somehow seems lost. May we someday forgive ourselves for what we have done. May we someday learn to love. May we someday learn what it means to be human. May we bring peace on this Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment