Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Butterflies

I sometimes feel that some spirits take the form of humans just to make us see what's right in front of us, but for some reason, we refuse to acknowledge. They come on a breath of air, smelling like flowers, bringing the sun in our lives even though outside, the sky is grey.
People that touch our hearts, just moments in time that may only be five minutes or just the hello you exchanged. People that out of the blue start talking to you in the park and because of the smile you shared, your day is brighter. Just... connections that form between people that apparently don't know each other. Maybe it's an acknowledgment of the spirits. Maybe it's just butterflies dancing in the sun's rays. Maybe that's just how the spirits see us. Maybe it's just that part of us we have forgotten. How we used to be: opened, free, happy, beautiful!
Today is the second day that people started talking to me in the park while walking my dog. Yesterday I met a math teacher, we strolled together for some time. We had something in common: both my dad and my brother are teachers. We talked about the stray dog we passed. It was so cute, it had a tennis ball and it kept playing with it. Actually, I think it was a he. So, he just let the ball fall down the hill - he was at the top - and then he would chase it. Then he went up again and he did the same thing over and over again. People stopped just to look at him play. He was spreading so much joy! And yet, we all went home and he stayed there, alone. I wish so much I could have taken him. I felt so small and humble in that moment! He was teaching us a great lesson: I have nothing but a ball to play with, I have no home, I may or may not find food, winter is coming, but I have this ball and today the sun is shinning, the leaves are falling and I'm having the greatest time ever!!! I'm happy just as I am. I don't think about tomorrow, I don't think what will be an hour from now. Why? Because I'm only here now! This moment is all that matters and I'm taking it down the hill with me, rolling in it, enjoying it! 
Yeah... time passes us by and most of the time, we even forget how to smile, too caught up in our "problems". But maybe we wouldn't have any if we just remembered how to live.
Look up, look up! There's the sun and the perfect sky and the perfect trees and the perfect life! Stop looking down all the time!
Today a biker said hello and smiled just because my dog wasn't on his leash when he passed by and I caught my cocker by the harness so he wouldn't get the impulse to run after the bicycle. He doesn't usually, but you never know. So, when he passed us by, the guy on the bike looked at me, smiled and said hi! I loved that moment! People I most likely won't meet again, but you shared something with them. Something like a smile that feels like a great gift.
Some people tell me I'm too opened, too naive... I don't think I am. I just am! Why hide myself after a screen of "not me", like oh, I'm serious 100% of the time (someone told me once "I thought you were a serious person. Now I see I'm wrong." just because I laughed at a joke), I don't smile, I don't laugh with all my heart. Oh, yeah! Absolutely! Let's live in a masquerade all the time. Let's always pretend that it will take us somewhere and we'll play it all our lives. Just until we forget who we are, then it won't be so difficult anymore. It will even feel natural.
I guess I'm in this writing mood due to a situation I went through recently - people close to me actually weren't so honest and not only this: today, I found out a great person died. She was only 24 years old. Her life hadn't been easy at all, but she was an inspiration to all. Her story is here (well, yes, it's in Romanian, sorry): http://totb.ro/fluturii-pleaca-mai-repede-dintre-noi .
And... well, my ending:
I'm just so in love with this life!



No comments:

Post a Comment